Thursday, November 6, 2008

Isaiah's new hair cut and cooking

I have started cutting Scott and Josiah's hair and don't have to much problem with that so.. I decided to cut Isaiah's hair... it was just to fluffy.I didn't want to try with the scissors since he is only 1. So I used the longest guard I had and buzzed it. The problem...right before I was done I decided to trim it above his ears and cut it up to high. Just one little movement and well a mistake that isn't fixable..it will just have to grow out.
I think he is still adorable but I do hope it grows out fast. Once it gets a little more length back I think I will like it better. I know it is just hair!!












At least my cooking skills are improving!
Scott and I were just discussing ,a few days ago, how far we have come from when we first got married and ate box or frozen meals all the time. I have learned alot over the past 8 years. I am learning to enjoy cooking from scratch and I have been in the cooking mood lately. I always love to eat! A friend of mine let me borrow a cookbook, Deceptively Delicious, I really liked the idea of getting good foods into our diet more often even if I had to be sneaky about it. I have tried several recipes so far, some just adapting my usual recipe and using the add ins. So far so good!!

We are dessert people in this home(even thought we know better). I love the idea of making our usual indulgence a little more nutritious. This was todays test... I made chocolate chip cookies with chick peas! The kids loved them! Well they take after mama and love chocolate:)







No comments:

Blog Archive