Sunday, January 18, 2009

Precious Moments

Sometimes our children teach us...

After waking today with a stiff neck, one of my first thoughts,I need to go to the chiropractor soon. The kids were in the living room playing and I said out loud "my neck hurts today".
At hearing this my little 3 yr old son, Josiah, says "we need to pray for it". He stands up comes over to me along with his 2 yr old sister,Adayah, and they put their little hands on my neck, bow their heads and Josiah says a prayer...something like... help mommy feel better, Jesus name, Amen. What a sweet moment...then they were off playing again. I was humbled.
We truly want to teach our children to rely on and trust in the Lord and this morning my first thoughts had been the chiropractor. I am so thankful of the times when God reminds us that we should look to him in times of need. My heart if full of joy to know that our kids are learning faith even when ours is lacking.



Lord restore in me faith like a child..Amen

2 comments:

The Wehrungs said...

How sweet! You are raising them in and Lord and it shows :) I hope your neck feels better. I know what you mean though, I need to pray more when i'm in pain too. That should be my first though. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

That is so precious. Get some rest and I hope that you are feeling better. :)

Blog Archive