Friday, November 21, 2008

Our Farm Trip

These are the pictures from out recent farm trip. From the pics you can see it was a dairy farm.. Hatcher Farm off of Arno road in Franklin. I only have a few pics because honestly it is hard to hold a baby and takes pics while keeping an eye on what is happening around you.
We had a good time. The kids enjoyed he animals and Scott and I learned a bit about dairy farming...don't think we will be taking on that occupation :) but it was interesting. The kids are still to little to listen and didn't always want to follow the group, they would much rather have had free run of the land with the animals:) We did get some of there milk and it was yummy (especially the chocolate). We really feel like we need to support our local farms and the quality(being fresher) is much better than the regular store bought brands.
Anyways, overall it was a good day though it was a bit chilly!



They got to bottle feed a baby cow, It brought back memories of my childhood. I remember having these type of experiences being raised on a small farm. Hopefully one day we will have some land with a small farm(not sure on the animals we would have thought? maybe some goats)


Petting on some other small calves.


These calves were called the, Gentle Giants, at only a 1 yr old they were quit large but very friendly. They actually got to hand feed these calves and feel their bumpy tongues.


The farm owners were showing the kids a larger mama cow and explaining were the milk comes from. My kids are not in the picture..these were other kids around from a home school group that was on the tour also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was leaving a comment and my computer did something funky so I had to delete it because it didn't make sense so here is my original comment: hehe :)

Sounds like fun! We get their brand of milk sometimes too. Chris' dad knows them so he brings us some milk, Chocolate is my favorite too. I can't believe how big your children are getting, it seems like yesterday when I saw you in the hospital with Josiah. They are so precious. Hopefully I will have one soon, Lord willing. :) Have a wonderful weekend and Thanksgiving! Love and miss ya girl!

Blog Archive