My deep thoughts for (myself) from today! :)
We traveled to Orlinda, Tn to visit Windy Acre Farms. We picked up our fresh meat and grocery items and toured the farm. It was perfect day to spend admirinig Gods beautiful creations.
Large green rolling fields with cattle and sheep grazing! We drove into the small local town which has a old style soda shop and had chocolate milkshakes. We sat outside the old store one the benches drinking our sweet treats enjoying the wonderful weather.
We talked about how we would love to one day own several acres with a big enough farm style house for our growing family. Learn how to farm and grow an awsome organic garden and live off the land. It all just feels so natural! Sewing and harvest...tending and taking of the earth that God gave us. Enjoying and thriving on the fresh nourishing food! What a wonderful dream.
Maybe one day?? Unfortunatley..that kind of lifestyle is so hard these days. We yearn to have that for our family and teach our children where their food really comes from. Not a box??
To get back to the simple, yet in some ways, harder way of living!
We would have to learn how to live that way. We know very little on how to garden and raise farm animals. It would take a retraining of sorts. To step back from the way we think of things now and rearrange our lives.
I ask myself...Are all the convience of today worth it?? Is it really whats best for me and my families health? It makes me sad to think of children who have no idea where Real food comes from.
This (so far)has been a 4 year journey for me. I began to learn and study info on natural health and wellness. I have developed a passion of natural health and continue to learn about ways to take care of my family with a more holistic approach! I have finally found something for me that I really enjoy learning about. I honestly feel closer to God the more I learn about our bodies and the complexity of them.
I am so thankful to our amazing God for this beautiful life he has given us and the glimpses of his Glory in all the earth we see around us...if we only take the time to notice!!!
7 years ago

2 comments:
I know I don't have to tell you this but reading that is like reading my own journal ;-) Its nice to have a friend like you doesn't think I am too far out on wanting to live self sustainably on a farm, and hopefully soon! I pray that both of our dreams to do this come true! I believe it will! Glad we're on this beautiful journey together, friend! :)
Pam,
Deb at Windy Acres informed me that you might be interested in our CSA, so I posted the information below on her blog, too.
If you started receiving your half share basket this Saturday, June 12 the prorated fee would be $361.00 plus a delivery fee of $$38.00. So the total would be $399.00.
We'd love to be your farmers! Check out our website at www.beaverdamcreekfarm.com. If you'd like to sign up, email trish@beaverdamcreekfarm.com or call me at my number below and I'll reserve your half share!
Thanks,
Trish Lingo
Beaverdam Creek Farm
931-623-3732
Post a Comment